Are you a forward-thinking housing professional who possesses skills in money advice or rent recovery?
If so, Moxie People have an exciting Rent Support Officer role for you!
Your future employer:
This is your chance to join Cynon Taf Community Housing, a family orientated Housing Association in Mountain Ash, that is renowned for putting their people and communities at the forefront of everything they do.
As the Rent Support Officer, you will play a vital role supporting some of the most vulnerable households in the South Wales valleys to live a life free from debt and remain in their homes.
What is on offer?
- £28,000 per annum plus £103 per month car allowance (£1,236 p/annum)
- A relaxed, supportive and flexible working environment
- 12-month fixed term contract starting in May/June
- Work a shortened 35-hour week, with a flexible working arrangements
- Benefit from a whopping 29 days annual leave and bank holidays (rising incrementally to 34 plus 8 bank holidays after 5 years service)
- Salary sacrifice scheme
- Enhanced parental and family leave scheme
- Child-care scheme
How you will contribute:
- Focus on income maximisation across a patch of general needs properties, instilling a payment culture with tenants.
- The Income Officer will provide a proactive, customer focused service to tenants by ensuring rent accounts are effectively managed using the Rent Sense system.
- Establishing and building excellent relationships with tenants and having honest conversations around payment of rent.
- Work closely with the internal Financial Inclusion Officer and external agencies to help maximise the tenants income and contribute positively towards their community.
- Support and engage tenants throughout their tenancy with a focus on early identification and intervention, only ending with eviction as a last resort.
To be considered for this Rent Support Officer role, you must be able to demonstrate the following:
- Proven experience in income recovery or money advice within the social housing or third sectors
- Good knowledge of welfare reform, housing benefit, universal credit, and income recovery processes
- Knowledge and understanding of the legal responsibilities and rights of landlords and tenants under housing and tenancy law
- A valid full driving licence for a car and have the use of a car each working day
To find out more about Cynon Taf Community Housing and why it is such an amazing organisation to work for, check out their website here - https://www.cynon-taf.org.uk/a-registered-social-landlord-where-people-matter
If this Rent Support Officer opportunity catches your eye, then please express initial interest by sending an up-to-date CV detailing your relevant skills and experience to email@example.com.
If you would like more information before applying, contact Rich Thomas at Moxie People today on 02921 602 111 who will happily talk you through the company and role.