We hear you: some roles are tougher than others, right? As recruitment specialists in social housing, we understand the challenges housing associations face when recruiting for very niche skills. And procurement is just one of them.
When Newport City Homes asked for our help, they had been through the mill trying to recruit for a Senior Procurement Advisor role. They were up against a number of challenges:
- A low response rate to online adverts
- Struggling to attract candidates with the right skill, values and experience
- Difficulty competing with private-sector salaries
The impact of the delayed turnaround led to…
- Added pressure on Anna (their sole recruitment guru), and the HR team
- Increased pressure and workload on the procurement team and management
- Delays in starting and completing time-sensitive projects
After putting lots of time, resources, sweat and tears into their recruitment campaign, Newport City Homes recognised the need to pull in external help to track down the perfect employee. That’s when we were called in to do it #TheMoxieWay.